Monday, February 21, 2011

Candy Pink Chandelier

This chandelier is original to the house and hung in the formal dining room that we hardly used. We recently turned our formal dining room into a smaller version of Toys R Us.
You see, when you have twins, their toys have twins, and their diapers have twins and all of the giant baby gear items like swingers, bouncers and high chairs have twins. And then one day you wake up and realize that your house is overrun by baby stuff times 2. Not to mention that we have a four year old who likes to play with things like My Little Pony and Barbie that come with tiny little parts and lots of them and you know it's only going to get worse as they get older so you decide to turn your hardly-ever-used dining room into playroom to house all the stuff. (Playroom post coming soon) So that left us with a chandelier hanging in our playroom for about a year. It was a fancy playroom. Not. For some reason it didn't go very well with lime green walls and toys. So my husband took it down, removed all the crystals and painted it with Candy Pink spray paint by Rust-Oleum.
He also bought new white plastic thingies that look like candles (what are those called?) and hung it in our daughter's room. She loves it and thinks it's so fancy! I love it because it was practically free since we already had the paint and those plastic sleeve thingies are super cheap. I also love it because it allowed us to move her ceiling fan to the playroom where it will be used more often since we spend a lot of time in there.
Ahhh, look at me being all frugal and stuff.
I'm linking up to these parties...
 http://linda-coastalcharm.blogspot.com/
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia

Tip Junkie handmade projects

3 comments:

  1. Love it!!! My girls would love to have a pink chandalear in their bedroom. Unfortunately ceiling fans are a must for us. Gotta tell you, day before my youngest was born, I was watching my friends twin boys. I spent that whole day praying I would have another calm girl. Obviously I love the son that arrived the next day... but the one gives me a run for my money. Good luck to you and your home's duplicates! Stop by sometime, domesticdeadline.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so awesome! Pink is just my color! I am your newest follower. I hope you will hop over to my blog http://puddlejumpercreations.blogspot.com and follow me too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome job Beth! Her room looks adorable. :)
    Can't wait to see the playroom!

    ReplyDelete