Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Foyer Makeover

Sorry I've been MIA lately but we had a nasty cold sweep through our home last week plus we were busy planning a garage sale that we held on Saturday. Which by the way we sold a ton of stuff thank-you-very-much. And made a little cash at the same time! Let's just say we made enough money to go out to dinner and buy the kids new shoes! I know that doesn't sound like much but do you know how much it costs for a family of 5 to go out to a nice restaurant AND buy shoes? It's an arm and leg these days and let's not even talk about the cost of the gas to get there!
Oh and we bought paint for this little project.........This is my foyer painted Camelback by SW. It's been this color like forever and I'm soooo over it! I really really wanted a pretty Teal color in this space but after testing the color on the wall I could tell it was going to totally clash with my lime green walls in the playroom which is to the left when you first walk in. So I played it safe with a warm gray. That way I can add in pops of color to compliment the lime green in the playroom.Finding the perfect gray is so hard. It either has a green, lavender or blue tint and I didn't want any of those colors. I wanted a neutral that went with everything and I finally found it.
Repose Gray by Sherwin Williams.
I know it's a little hard to tell in these photos but it's really pretty and soothing and goes with everything. Mission Accomplished!
Closeups of the photos on the table. My sweet baby girl.
And my sweet baby boys.

Next on the list... scrape the popcorn ceilings! Sounds like so much fun! Not.

No comments:

Post a Comment