Sunday, June 13, 2010

The Gallery Wall is Finished!

I finally finished the stinkin' gallery wall in my entryway. It took several weeks and lots of input from family, friends any my neighbor. I waaaaayyy over thought it and tried to make it "perfect" by measuring out all the frames and doing a mock trial layout with brown paper on the wall. AND I still couldn't get it right. I was so frustrated over it that I just started hanging frames up and you know what, it was sooo much easier!! I'm so glad it's over with. I'm still looking at it and tweaking it in my mind but I'm not touching it for a while. Oh except to straighten the frames on a daily basis because they won't stay straight. Because you know I have all the time in the world to be straightening frames. Not.

Here's the before shot with a cute baby off to the left.
And after:



Is it exactly what I had in mind? Um no.
Do I have a gazillion holes in the wall from this wonderful project? Yep.
Do I smile every time I walk past it because it has pictures of my favorite people on it? You betcha!

Tip: If you want to do a gallery wall, don’t do what I did and do what Kate did.
She's way smarter than I. Or is it me?

Peace Out!

Beth

5 comments:

  1. Oh girlfriend, you are too cool, I love this ! Especially the key, the initial and the medley of frames, so chic !

    Thanks for sharing with me, so delighted !

    xoxo
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, looky loo at your first follower.

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it, especially the initial and the key. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks great!! I haven't done my gallery wall either. Kind of terrified of it, but I think about it every day. Love yours though! Maybe I'll just start hanging. Saw your link on CSI. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your gallery looks wonderful! I love the eclectic look with frames, plates, the key, the "H", photos and all. Fantastic job and thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete